Sunday, August 3, 2014

Halfway to Marine!

8-3-14

Well, he's halfway to Marine!  They will start week 7 tomorrow and in just 38 days, 10 hours we will get to see him!  We got our graduation packet this week and a letter on Saturday.  Each letter shows me the change that he is going through - he sounds more determined than ever. 

Today, there was another picture!  I can't tell you how relieved and happy it makes me to "see" him.  Thankfully, it's about time to get back into the classroom - exactly 4 weeks from the day we start back to school, he will graduate.  I'm sure that being crazy busy with school starting will help those last few weeks go as quickly as possible.

Hotel is reserved and car is rented.  Now, I'm making lists - lists of things to order and take with us.  Of course, he is helping me out with that because he sending me a list of food he wants for our family day picnic.  Anyone want to make a donation to the Oreo fund?!?

It is amazing to me what he has been able to endure.  One thing he mentioned was rappelling off the tower.  He said that his experiences at Carowinds had helped him with the height - he may just get a trip while he's home. 

Please keep all of the recruits in your thoughts and prayers.

He's the one in the fashionable glasses:)

No comments:

Post a Comment