Friday, July 18, 2014

7-18-14

Phase 1 is done!!!  Swim week is over!!  I am so glad that this week is over.  Phase 2 of their training starts on Monday -- with the Gas Chamber.  Recruits will learn to use masks and will have to break the seals on their masks to experience first-hand the effects of the tear gas -- YIKES!  We are averaging a letter a week - sometimes several to different family members in the same envelope:) for which we are extremely grateful. 

I am a member of two wonderful support groups on Facebook.  We all chat late into the night.  I hope we get to meet at graduation so I can tell them that knowing my feelings aren't uncommon mean to me.  They even post pictures of the recruits from different platoons.  I cannot express how actually laying eyes on my recruit has made me feel! 

I am beginning to explore graduation gifts.  At present am leaning toward a ring.

Please keep him and his fellow recruits in your thoughts and prayers.  Only 8 more Fridays before graduation:)

No comments:

Post a Comment