Saturday, August 30, 2014

8-30-14

Well, if all goes according to plan, I will wake up (that is if I sleep at all next week) next Saturday with a brand new Marine!  Such crazy emotions going on!  Pride in him for the choice that he has made but sad also, because my "baby" has left home.  I cannot wait to meet the man and Marine that my son has become:)

I know sending my second recruit to them next summer won't be any easier, but I also know that his little brother is his biggest inspiration!  Happy 24th birthday, Jamie -- I know your brother is wishing you the same.  It won't be long until we can celebrate with him.  I am immensely proud of you also.

I had a letter on Thursday and he included a silver cross necklace.  In his letter, he told me to "Take care of the necklace because it was mine now".  I can't wait to hear the story behind that comment.

We most likely won't get more mail, with The Crucible and graduation so close at hand, but I sure can hope.  I'll still be writing for a few more days, but think that mid-week will be my last - they won't get to him before I do.  Strangely, I think it will be difficult to stop writing the letters because, in a way, I feel like I am able to "talk" to him through them. 

One of my students wrote a letter to him for me to mail, but thinking I will save it to make sure he gets it when he gets home.  In it, she asked him if Parris Island was "BUTTIFUL".  I had to inwardly laugh and say to her "He probably thinks so".

Well, the lists are being made, hotel is reserved, and car is rented. 

Please keep both Warren Dudley and Logan in your prayers, as well as the rest of the recruits of 3rd Battalion as they embark on their crucible week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment