Monday, September 8, 2014

9-8-14

I HAVE A MARINE!!!

HE CALLED!!!!  It was the experience of a lifetime!  Mighty Mike Company finished The Crucible on Saturday and they received their Eagle, Globe, and Anchor pin shortly after marching back into base:))  After that they had a huge breakfast!

Yesterday was Liberty Sunday.  It was cut short by a storm.  My phone rang at 3:07 and as soon as I saw the area code I lost it!  I could barely answer it.  He sounded good, just tired.  His feet have the first blisters and he said The Crucible was more intense than he could have ever imagined.  I was so emotional at just hearing his voice, I can't imagine how it will be seeing him in person!  I can't wait!

Thank you to everyone who has kept him in your prayers and those who have listened to me talk non-stop about missing him.  Thank you especially to my mailman who hasn't issued a restraining order for stalking him:)

Please continue to keep all the new Marines and their families as we travel to Parris Island to grab them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment